Taking action on anxiety
If you read the blog about Depression and Anxiety, hopefully, you are now able to recognise the symptoms in either yourself or others. But, it may not be as easy as you think! Anxiety has a habit of sneaking up on you, whether you are aware of the symptoms or not and that is what has happened to me. This is how I am taking action on anxiety.
I was diagnosed with anxiety recently, I knew something was amiss but for my Doctor to say the work ‘anxiety’ to me, was a complete shock. I had ignored the signs because I just thought everything would be ok when lockdown was over.
In Louise L Hays book, You Can Heal Your Life, she suggests the probable cause of anxiety is ‘Not trusting the flow and process of life’. If you think about it, when you feel anxiety, your energy is NOT flowing freely, we avoid anything we think may trigger it. We create a whole belief system around why we CAN’T do something.
So, what did I do?
I turned to my therapies, Reiki and EFT of course and I realised that with everything else going on, I had completely forgotten to look after me. I had pushed all my emotions to the back of my mind because I didn’t want to deal with them. The trouble is, they always pop up again and our body always lets us know when something isn’t right. We just need to listen!
My healing journey is now underway by,
- Taking some time to work out how I was feeling and then using EFT to clear energy blocks.
- Self-Reiki to help balance my energy.
- Reaching out and asking for help from others – you may be surprised by who offers
- Accepting any help offered – it’s too easy to say ‘thanks, but I’m ok now’ when you’re not.
- Talk to your loved ones or close friends – they may be worried about you too.
- Writing in my journal.
- Grounding and protecting my energy.
- Calling on my Angels to help me heal, particularly Archangels Michael and Raphael.
- Meditation to quiet my mind chatter – there are lots on the internet.
- Rest and sleep when I need to.
- Talking about anxiety to others to remove any stigma.
- Being KIND to ME.
- Accepting I am not perfect all the time. Life happens to all of us.
- Working with my crystals.
- Going for a walk or just sitting next to my favourite tree – which quite often gets a hug too!.
- Using and diffusing essential oils.
- Having a good old soak in an Epsom Salt Bath with more essential oils.
What can you do?
All of the above! They will help you tune in to your own energy, to your inner knowing but the list is not exhaustive, you can add anything that helps you feel calm and more relaxed.
These are the things I am doing; I’m not saying they’re right or wrong, just that they work for me. The list is in no particular order, so please feel free to pick and choose something that you are drawn to and give it a try. You may feel more comfortable with some more that others and that’s fine. It is important that it feels right for you.
You may be wondering what on earth I’m talking about, so, I will be posting more of my pearls of wisdom in my new Facebook group Anxiety Action where I will go into more detail. I will also share via email, so join my email list if you haven’t already done so, just click the link below.
If you have any questions or just want to chat, please sign up to my emails and download a FREE Grounding and Protection Visualisation to get you started.
Remember these feelings will pass and healing will happen. You just need to take the first step and reach out for help and support.